VISIBLE RESULTS FOR DR. FINGER’S PATIENTS
The Doctor Reported Outcomes Initiative
Doesn’t every patient want to know the past results of the Doctor they select for their treatment?
In response to this need, The New York Eye Cancer Center is the first eye cancer practice to report its results on the world-wide-web.
Now these results are available to everyone.
ABOUT THIS DATA:
- Data includes only patients treated by The New York Eye Cancer Center.
- Patient data is confidential, anonymous, and HIPAA-compliant.
- Every patient outcome with the select diseases (choroidal melanoma, iris-ciliary body melanoma and squamous conjunctival neoplasm) was recorded at each visit since December 2017. There is no selection bias.
- Only patients who return for regular follow-up are included (none lost to follow-up more than 12 months).
- Once patients are enucleated, they are not included in the visual acuity outcome.
- Visual acuity of hand motion, light perception or no light perception are given a value of “0”.
- Local tumor control = Eye tumor is destroyed.