Patients today have a wealth of resources available to understand their diagnosis and find community support. Below are links that our patients have found most helpful.
Information & Support
- The Eye Cancer Network – The ultimate handbook and resource for eye tumor patients and their families.
- Eye Cancer Patients Forum – Large and active Facebook group for eye cancer patients to find community and support.
- Retinoblastoma Forum – A special Facebook group for parents and family members of children diagnosed with retinoblastoma.
- American Cancer Society – General information on cancer, treatment, and patient support.
- National Cancer Institute – Information from the US government’s primary agency for cancer research.
- American Joint Committee on Cancer – Information on the classification and stages of cancer.
- Directory of Eye Cancer Links (see “Patient Support” in the main menu) – Links to dozens of websites relating to eye cancer and patient resources. If you haven’t found what you’re looking for here, you will find it there.
- American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for plaque brachytherapy of uveal melanoma and retinoblastoma – Detailed technical information on plaque brachytherapy (radiation treatment) of choroidal melanoma and retinoblastoma.
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine study of dosimetry for eye plaques for intraocular tumors – Information relating to the accuracy, safety and quality in the use of radiation in medical procedures such as medical imaging and radiation therapy.
by Peggy Huddleston
by David Simon, MD
by Jerome Groopman, MD